Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why art and place?

About six months ago I received a message on Facebook asking for the fifteen most influential albums in my life. Hmm…I never finished filling out the message but it got me thinking – or, more accurately, continued my thinking about why music and indeed, art in general, matters to me. The answer is a long one and a continual process. For starters, art does matter to me. So does place. So why “art and place”? I believe we are influenced, however much we realize it, by WHERE we are. If character is influenced by environment, then certainly art, which is an outward expression of one’s soul and one’s experiences, can also be influenced by place. Thus, this blog is dedicated to the love of art in its various forms and how that love is also connected to place.

No comments:

Post a Comment